Short Term Evacuation Sites Update - Waialua High and Intermediate School and Wahiawa District Park sites remain open
Short Term Evacuation Sites Update
As windward road closures have ended all windward Short Term Evacuation Sites are now closed. Two North Shore Short Term Evacuation Sites remain open to support residents who cannot return home at this time. They are:
Waialua High and Intermediate School parking lot
67-160 Farrington Hwy, Waialua, HI 96791
Wahiawa District Park parking lot
1129 Kilani Ave, Wahiawa, HI 96786
Additional sites will be added should the need arise.
Be aware that:
- A Flash Flood emergency for CATASTROPHIC flash flooding is still in place.
- Hazardous life threatening conditions still exist. Stay out of the area.
- The evacuated area of Haleiwa Town, including Weed Circle to Paalaa Rd, Joseph P Leong Highway thru Haleiwa Town REMAINS CLOSED.
- Joseph P Leong Highway to Pupukea is OPEN.
- Stay away from streams, rivers, drainage ditches, and culverts, even if they are currently dry.
- Do not cross fast flowing or rising water in your vehicle, or on foot. Find an alternate route. Turn around, don`t drown.
- Monitor TV, radio and official social media for updates.
- Updates will be posted hourly.